Donepezil 5 mg & Donepezil 10 mg Tablets
Brand Name: ALZICAREGeneric : DonepezilStrength : 5 & 10 mg TabletsTherapeutic Category : Anti-Alzheimer's DiseaseClass of Drug : AcetylCholinesterase InhibitorDosage: OD Before Sleep with . Can be taken with or without food.ALZICARE : FDA APPROVED INDICATIONS IN
- In mild, moderate and severe stages of AD, vascular dementia and dementia associated with Parkinson's disease
- Cholinesterase Inhibitor helps with the Behavioral Elements of Parkinsonism Disease
Donepezil is a centerally active, reversible inhibitor of Acetylcholinesterase. Acetylcholinesterase is an enzyme that degrades acetylcholine after it is released from the presynapse Donepezil binds reversibly to acetylcholinesterase and inhibits the hydrolysis of acetylcholine, thus increasing the availability of acetylcholine at the synapses, enhancing cholinergic transmission. ACh is the neurotransmitter used by all cholinergic neurons, which has a very important role in the peripheral and central nervous systems.
- Donepezil is well absorbed with a relative oral bioavailability of 100% and reaches peak plasma concentrations in 3 to 4 hours.
- Food does not affect the absorption.
- Protein Binding : 96%
- Donepezil is both excreted in the urine intact and extensively metabolized to four major metabolites, two of which are known to be active.