Generic Name : Adapalene
Strength : 0.1 % w/w
Category : 3rd Generation of Topical Retinoid
Therapeutic Category : Anti-Acne
Dosage Form : Cream
Pack Size : 10 gm
INDICATION : Acne Vulgaris
MECHANISM OF ACTION: Adapalene binds to specific retinoic acid nuclear receptors of skin and lead to normalization of keratinocyte differentiation allowing for decreased micro-comedone formation, decreases clogging in pores and gives exfoliative properties by increasing cell turnover. Adapalene also shows anti-inflammatory effect by inhibition lipo-oxygenase activity.
Absorption of adapalene through human skin is low. Only trace amounts (<0.25 ng/mL) of parent substance have been found in the plasma of acne patients following chronic topical application of adapalene.
Metabolized mainly by O-demethylation, hydroxylation and conjugation, and excretion are primarily by the biliary route.
ROUTE OF ELIMINATION
Excretion appears to be primarily by the biliary route.
ADVERSE DRUG REACTION
Side effects include erythema, dryness, burning, scaling, and photosensitivity.
PREGNANCY: Category C
HOW TO APPLY
- Gently clean the affected areas, using a mild cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply this product once a day, and apply it at the same time each day.
- Apply as a thin layer to the affected areas.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips and mouth. If contact occurs, immediately flush the area with water.
- Do not apply the product to damaged skin i.e cuts, burns, abrasions, eczema, and sunburn.
- Wash hands after use.